ITB, as one of the Universities in Indonesia, should use the new admissions scheme that provides more alternatives to prospective students in determining their choice.
In 2010, ITB will make acceptance of new students in the graduate program Sieve Test Sign ITB (USM-ITB) Integrated, which includes six programs of selection, namely:
Program Interest Search, Talent, and Potential ITB (PMBP-ITB), which consists of:
o PMBP-ITB 2010 in the Region, held ITB independently in several cities in Indonesia (Jakarta, Bandung, Medan, Balikpapan, Pekanbaru, Makassar, Denpasar, Surabaya, etc.) in the month of March 2010
o PMBP-ITB 2010 Focused, ITB conducted independently, in the city of Bandung, on 29 and May 30, 2010.
* Archipelago ITB Partnership Program (KN-ITB), to capture the best student candidates submitted by partner agencies ITB (Local Government, Corporate Partners ITB, other Government Agencies)
* Program Selection Transfer Students ITB (SMT-ITB), for transfer students from ITB partner universities who wish to pursue undergraduate education at the ITB, and originally proposed by the university.
* International Student Selection Program ITB (SMI-ITB), for prospective foreign students interested in continuing higher education in the ITB.
* The National Selection Sign State University (SNMPTN), which is scheduled to be held in early July 2010, conducted by DITJEN DIKTI, DEPDIKNAS RI.
* Line Scholarship.
Download Latihan Soal USM ITB
Outside the six new admissions programs mentioned above, ITB does not make the process of Admissions Graduate Program in other ways, and not to recruit prospective students individually.
Education in the ITB is a graduate education that provides a comprehensive mastery of knowledge with a broad perspective, and is equipped with an awareness of their utilization, so that its graduates have the skills and instincts of the development and / or application, either independently or in cooperation, including interdisciplinary cooperation. On that basis, student acceptance in ITB, for all lines Sieve Entry Examination, conducted by the reception at the Faculty / School. This may be different than some other universities in Indonesia.
In the second year, students placed on courses of interest based on the priority of choice, where available, as well as academic achievement reached in the first year courses. The possibility that a student at the end dijuruskan course not the main option could happen. However, because the grouping of courses in a Faculty / School based on scientific contextuality keserumpunan and the same, the difference between a single course with other courses in the Faculty / School concerned, not significant.
Besides ITB graduates of undergraduate education prepared to face changes and following the developments. Therefore each student ITB if you want to take courses in other courses from 10-30% (depending on the conditions prevailing in the study who entered the program). Thus the opportunity to take courses from the courses main choices are not covered at all, although not as much as he wants.
Taking into account the undergraduate education system ITB, the ITB suggested that more prospective students who want vocational education, namely to prioritize education in their field of expertise, or simply want to enter a particular course, you should consider before choosing to follow the education in this ITB .
For selection PMBP-ITB 2010 in Region 2 was conducted over consecutive days, in the form of a written exam. Material for selection for PMBP-ITB 2010 in Region 6 include the ability groups, namely:
* Psikotes: followed by all participants PMBP-ITB 2010 in the Region.
Tests are a series of tests to measure the psychological aspects needed to evaluate the potential of the applicants.
* Test Scholastic Talent (TBS): followed by all participants PMBP-ITB 2010 in the Region.
The test measures ability in logic and reasoning and personality of participants, so it can evaluate a candidate’s ability to continue education in college.
* English: followed by all participants PMBP-ITB 2010 in the Region.
The test measures the ability to speak English, so communication can be evaluated a candidate’s ability to continue education in college.
* Ability of Fine Arts: only the participants followed by a test track in Art and Design
+ Drawing I: The test measures the skills of the applicants Arts
+ Drawing II: The test measures a candidate creativity